- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Here are my answers to Yuhu’s questions;
- Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I felt I had stopped doing what I absolutely loved doing, which was writing. And I had hoped it would be what keeps me on my toes and allow me to meet and socialise with like minded people, who enjoy writing. Also, it would plunge me into a world of creative writing. And boy, hasn’t that been fun!
2. What is the one change you see in yourself after you started your blog?
I like photography quite a lot. But platforms like Instagram have never appealed to me, although it would have been a good place to share my snaps. So the one thing I would say has changed is, I share some pictures I capture. I even find myself saying, “Ooh, I am so blogging this picture”.
3. When do you write the best? I mean, is it when you are sad and moody or cheerful and happy?
I am quite emotion, so I am able to write whenever I feel emotional. Be it sad, or moody, or happy. Emotion is like the river where I draw my words.
4. Are your stories/poems happy ones or sad ones, predominantly? Do you think it tells something about the emotions you are going through?
My writings are sad. I don’t know what it is about sadness, but I can relate to it. And no, I am not broken (too much) lol. The reason I think I am comfortable with the theme is because, firstly, we have all fallen in love (be it unrequited or reciprocated love) and we have all had our hearts broken. That makes it possible for anyone and everyone to relate to it, because pain is part of life. And we have all felt sad. So that is how I rationalize it. But sometimes, it is a reflection of what I am going through. Only sometimes though.
5. What is the best comment you’ve received on your blog so far?
Not best comment per sa, but I like hearing a reader say they have been through what the post is about or they can relate to it. I really like that!
Best comment was another phenomenal writer telling me he fell in love with my mind when he read a piece I did off a piece of his (a reply, if we may call it). I loved that!
Nomination time!! I would like to nominate the following bloggers for the Real Neat Blogger Award
Here are questions I’d like you to answer
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is the one change you see in yourself after you started your blog?
- When do you write the best? I mean, is it when you are sad and moody or cheerful and happy?
- Are your stories/poems happy ones or sad ones, predominantly? Do you think it tells something about the emotions you are going through?
- What is the best comment you’ve received on your blog so far?
- Of all your posts, which one do you feel describes you or give us an understanding of perhaps, an element of yourself?
- Through which other form of art do you express yourself, apart from this one
There! I hope you find time to answer these. Blogging allows us to share, to learn and to grow. So here’s to growing!